Monday, February 05, 2007

My Mundane Existence, In Pictures. And Food!

So, since food is oh so important to me, I've decided to start taking pictures of my culinary masterpieces and blogging them. Yes, I'm that much of a loser. I have some other random pictures in here. I actually started taking pictures of food because one of my friends always asks me to send him pics whenever I brag to him about the amazing dinner I'm having. So, this is partly for you, buddy.

<---Ah yes, the sexiest laptop in town. I got it in August because my brother Christina took mine and never gave it back. The CD/DVD drive on this puppy is already messed up.

On screen, two of my five computer addictions are seen: AIM and iTUNES. The other three? Facebook, YouTube, and Blogger, of course.

Next to the computer, you will notice my favorite drink ever, after water, coffee, and alcohol. Yay for Vitamin water!



Now for some food. This picture does not reveal the true deliciousness and quality of the meal you are looking at, mainly because I suck at taking pictures. Also because I was hungry. On the left is a plate with olive oil, garlic, thyme, and black pepper... maybe some oregano, too (not sure). On the right is a tomato, mozarella, basil salad and a nice big piece of Ciabatta bread (for to dip in the olive oil, of course!) This was my post-physiology exam dinner. Simple, but delicious.
The red wine is my favorite cheap red wine, called "Frontera" by a Chilean company, Concha y Torro. It's a part Merlot, part Cabernet Sauvignon. A really big bottle goes for no more than ten smackaroos. It's really not bad : ) Then again, I'm not one to whine.... (hahaha, pun!)

Dinner in the making: Last night, I decided to make some fajitas (first time ever). I always make sure I eat at least one good serving of veggies each day, so I also boiled some broccoli (although it's much healthier raw or steamed). The fajitas were really excellent, if I must say so myself. Steak, onions, garlic, and mushrooms.

I also made some whole wheat linguini just to have it ready to eat for the rest of the week. Also, I think I just cook to avoid studying. Same goes for blogging.





OHHHH YEAH. Best Breakfast EVER. This was today in the morning. Fried eggs, sunny-side up, the yolks running for their lives, with allspice and salt sprinkled all over them. That's 4 strips of turkey bacon next to the eggs. It was a pretty big breakfast, even for me. Sidenote: Turkey Bacon is totally okay for the South Beach diet phases 1, 2, and 3! (Not that I'm on that diet anymore) This meal kept me going for a good 4.5 hours before I even thought about food again.
And of course, the large cup of steaming hot coffee on the side.

For lunch I enjoyed some celery and peanut butter and for dinner, I experimented with asparagus for the first time; I used butter and, of course, garlic. It came out great! I forgot to take a picture. I also had some steak fajita leftovers : )

I really like cooking, but I absolutely love eating. Since this is my first time living on my own, I'm enjoying the freedom of having my own kitchen and experimenting with food. I keep it simple, and mostly put garlic on everything, but so far it's working nicely. Maybe one day I can live up to my mother's reputation as the best cook in town. She really really is. Awww, I miss her!

And now, back to Neuroanatomy...

But first, a picture of my handy-dandy anatomy coloring book which is making this whole studying process slightly less painful:
Notice the ridiculous obsession with arranging the color pencils in rainbow color order, from dark shades to lighter ones within a color group, kind of. I never know if I should put brown near red or near the other non-rainbow colors at the end..... What a predicament.

Look at that sexy brain on the bottom. Colored it myself. I even managed to stay inside the lines. Ohhhh Yeah!

Anyway, whenever there's an upcoming exam my life is bland; it's basically all about three things: studying, blogging, food.
And, after exams: partying like a rockstar!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

finally some pictures

Daughter of Night said...

I kind of giggled at your previous descriptions of your food as "sexy" - but now I totally agree!!

(I was so bummed there were no asparagus pictures... sexiest food ever, in my humble opinion....) :-)

A

Andre said...

Damn the food. I love the fact that you have an Xbox. My ex gf was the only woman I knew who played video games. That's such a desirable attribute in a woman.

Aldo's pretty lucky.

Sorry, that slipped out...

Marianita said...

ANDRE!!! Did you just say "DAMN the food" ?!?!?!

That, my friend, is blaspheme.

I always likes video games, but Aldo (aka Master Chief) taught me how to kick ass in Halo. And kick ass I did!

He is lucky to know me... pshhhh

(I'm equally lucky to know him)

Andre said...

Sorry 'bout the blasphemous statement about food (which looks DEE-LISH, by the way), but I was more captivated by you being a gamer. Women who play video games are to die for.

The first time my ex beat me in Madden (which isn't a diss on my skills. She's just REALLY good), I almost had an orgasm.