Sunday, February 25, 2007

And so...

While I did absolutely no studying today, the day did improve significantly once I walked out of the apartment. The weather was gorgeous, and my walk did not feel long at all. I kept my mind busy, so busy that I did not feel the burden of a one hour walk (I usually get a little annoyed/tired at the 20 and 40 min marks).

During my walk I got some not so spectacular news from my dad: a letter came in the mail. REJECTION. Bam. From Albert Einstein Medical College in New York. No, I wasn't DYING to go there, but each rejection chips away at your heart and soul until there's nothing left but empty space and the seething pain of rejection and failure.

It's really that dramatic.

It bugged me because time's-a-tickin. Interview season is almost over. Soon, I will have enough rejection letters to make a daily "You're a f**k up" calendar. Instead of word of the day, it can be "School that doesn't want you" of the day.

Ok, enough of that. I shouldn't even complain. I do this crap to myself.

For example, today....

I went to school and did some stuff that needed to be done. I won in scrabble three times, but my opponents came close... too close for comfort. Studying was attempted twice. Failure followed shortly thereafter.

If only we got a grade for playing scrabble.

This slacking has to stop. It's like I have senioritis (you know, in highschool, your last semester of senior year, you just stop caring)... Except, I can't just stop caring. I need to do well if I want to get into medical school this year. But I've been slack-a-lackin' like crazy.

Enough complaining, I'm gonna read a little then hit the hay.

No comments: