Saturday, September 09, 2006

Yet another boring Saturday night.... So, I figure, why not blog?!?!?

<-----Isn't this painting cool? I stumbled upon it. I love it.

Maybe I'm just pooped out from the awful Immunology test, but I just had no motivation to do much of anything today! After breakfast, blogging, and being bored, I decided to visit the gym in my apartment complex. I figured this would give me the energy boost I need, and make me feel less guilty about the fact that I ate at Chipotle last night. ****Side note about Chipotle: I want to know what addictive substance they put in those burritos! They're A-W-E-S-O-M-E. I wonder why there aren't any Chipotle's in Miami****

ANYWAY, the gym is small but it's got all the basics: treadmills, a couple of stair-climbers, weights, etc... I did about one hour of cardio, read some embrology. Got home, took a shower, made a badass semi-healthy lunch (boca burger wrap with grilled onions & melted cheese and baked french fries), and proceeded to completely waste my day doing absolutely nothing! Then I took a nap.


Time wasted. It's so annoying. It's even more annoying to think about it because there's nothing you can do about it!

I should give myself some credit. At about 8 pm I finally mustered up the energy to finish one more medical school secondary application. I've only done 8 out of the 20 or so applications that I need to fill out. Applying to medical school has got to be on my list of top ten most annoying things EVER. It saps your energy and your bank account. On 8 applications alone, I've spent 500 bucks. One of them was free, and two of them were only 30 bucks; the others ranged from $50-$105). And that doesn't include the cost of the AMCAS (primary application), which was about 900 dollars in my case. THEN, if you get an interview, you have to pay for a damn plane ticket and hotel too.

But I shouldn't complain. At least I am blessed with the opportunity to apply to medical school, to have had an education up to this point, to have the ability to read and write... That reminds me, I "stumbled" onto this cool website: http://www.miniature-earth.com/ It's a project about what the "numbers" would look like if the whole world was 100 people. It's not super duper mega shocking, but it's very interesting and cool. It puts things into perspective. WATCH IT!

Well I should get back to my secondaires (translation: I'll be blogging again in approximately one hour)

No comments: