Friday, September 22, 2006

I woke up this morning confused, directionless, with nothing to guide me (ie a "list of embryology lectures to learn").

THE EXAM IS OVER AND DONE WITH! And, at this point, I really don't give a crap about how I did. Quite frankly, the relief of finishing it outweighed any worries or thoughts about anything else.

After the exam was the after party; there was pizza and beer. The whole shabang was outdoors, and the weather has been sexy lately (sunny but cool). It resembles the "winter" in Miami. After ingesting oh, I don't know, 6 or 7 beers, my drunk ass came home and took a monster nap. I love napping. I woke up confused and drunk.

Then for the evening activities we all went to a bar, and hung out on the outdoor terrace (I guess it's called a terrace). I got me two dirty martinis, the freaking greatest drink of all time. Some beers followed. My liver hates me. The evening had it's usual, everyone's-extra-friendly-cause-they're-all-drunk overtone. I was wrong about this program. I expected to meet a large group of uptight, stiff, obnoxious pre-meds. So far, the people I've met have been pretty cool; many have a keen appreciation for alcohol.

So all in all, September 21, 2006 was a good day for me. It marked the end of a class. It was a day of booze and martinis and more booze, a day of being outdoors in gorgeous weather. A day when a nap was possible.

Today won't be so much of a great day. Today marks the beginning of a new cycle, for there is yet another exam rearing its ugly head. In exactly one week, we have our first of three biochemistry exams.

So, although I woke up slightly directionless, I know that there's a nice long list of things to do, including laundry =(

1 comment:

Andre said...

Well at least you can that you've leaped over ONE hurdle. You know, now that I think about it, you've only really handled half a hurdle; taking the exam. The other half is actually passing it!

But, congrats nevertheless. You deserve to relish in this victory for as long as you can before the next hurdle pops up for you.

Sigh! Must be hard to be an intellectual...