Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's a beautiful day!!!

It's like, 70 degrees outside.

Global warming!!!

I will take a nice long walk until I encounter a place to sit and read for a while. I rediscovered the fact that I have one of my favorite childhood books, A Wrinkle In Time, sitting on my bookshelf. I would like to read it again. I have the memory of a 98 year old woman named Ethel, and so, I never remember anything about books besides "I liked it" or "it made me cry." I may also study a bit. This semester is gonna be stressful as hell and I should get a head start.

Speaking of stress, I was sitting here eating my breakfast (omelette with mushrooms,onions, cheese, and turkey bacon... yum!!!) and I decided to "stumble" through websites. I found this link. It's about how to deal with stress. A lot of the stuff on the list is stuff that I learned in the 4+ months I've been in this program. The rest of it I either learned before that or still haven't quite mastered (ie write everything down). It is a good list. StumbleUpon is awesome. It has exposed me to so many interesting sites. It has also been the reason for much of my procrastination, and therefore stress. Luckily for it, it redeemed itself today by showing me this website. I forgive you, Stumbleupon toolbar!

Moving right along, last night I hosted the first ever "game night" at my inconveniently far apartment. It was fun. I hope to have many more, but I fear all social activities will come to a screeching halt once this semester gets rolling.

Now is the semester of our discontent! It will be an ass-rape semester. It's not a joke. Not funny at all. Very scary. YIKES.

On that note, I should get started on my walk and enjoy this weather while there's still time.

2 comments:

David said...

I love the fact that someone is enjoying this weather. Everyone down here keeps complaining about how they wish it was cold. I tell them that people pay good money to find weather like this, this time of year But nobody listens to this guy. They never listen...

Marianita said...

well lived in Miami my whole life until last August so this kind of weather is typical of a winter day there: dry, cool, and sunny. PERFECT!!!