Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WTF?

No, honestly though... what the hell is going on today?

I hate to be a Negative Nancy/Debbie Downer, and I apologize for blogging about this. I am in a poopie mood, stressed about the exam. To make matters worse, the Universe is plotting to make my life miserable through a series of small, unimportant- yet frustrating- events.

After writing this post, I have promised myself that I'll stop with the self pity, figure out what I'm eating for dinner, and study study study.

But first, the bitching.

I present to you two lists.

List 1: Things that went wrong today

-My eggs were overcooked this morning. And by overcooked, I mean that the yellows were not completely liquid. Yes, I realize, the egg is still edible, and that most normal people eat their fried eggs this way. And, for the first time in my LIFE, I ate the eggs that way (there weren't any left to cook, and I was starving!). The issue: the texture of the yellow when it's cooked makes me gag usually, but I tried my best to balance it out with just enough egg white. I realize this is weird. I have worked on it a lot, though. I used to not eat bananas, beans, or mashed potatoes because of their texture either, but I'm over all that. The yellow part of the egg-whether hardboiled or fried- was one I could never deal with. So after all that yuck,
I patted myself on the back for this great feat, and promised myself that the messed up eggs fiasco was not God's way of foreshadowing an annoying day. See? I stayed positive!

-I forgot my wallet at home. This never happens to me. EVER. I also didn't pack lunch. No biggie- that's what friends are for. The honorable Anna was kind enough to throw me 6 bucks. Yay.

-I had no energy at the gym. I'm talking, pooped out. I did some cardio and was able to do some other stuff, but I was feeling really weak and tired. I think I got a decent workout nonetheless.

-I lost my gloves. My mother got me a nice set: scarf, gloves, hat. I lost the hat on Saturday, which was fine cause I have 2 more. On the other hand (no pun intended) I only had one pair of gloves.

-After realizing that I had lost my gloves, I was on my way home planning out what I'd buy from the grocery store. I desperately need to get groceries. Then it hit me. How could I buy groceries WITHOUT MY WALLET? So now I can either waste time walking all the way to the supermarket, getting groceries, coming back, then being too tired to study, or I can just make do with what I have in the fridge (baking soda and mozarella sticks, anyone?)

-The CD/DVD drive on my less than 6 month old laptop has decided to stop working. Whoopie.

-Plants in my apartment keep dying. Not only have I killed most of the plants belonging to the owners of this apartment, but I've also managed to kill the new pretty flowers I bought. That's what I came home to, dead flowers. Too much water, I guess.

And now, for list number 2: Things that went well today

-N/A

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeesh, sounds like it went better than my day..

Andre said...

Maybe I'm hell-bound for finding humor in other people's misery; but this was a pretty funny post. But I assure you: it's not in the "Andre being heartless" sort of way.

It sorta reminds me of the episode of Married w/ Children where there was a rain cloud that sat directly below Al Bundy's house. It was the cap on a miserable day where bad things kept happening to him.

Murphy's Law is a mofo...

Anonymous said...

List #2: Seeing you.

Marianita said...

@ anon: sorry to hear that

@ andre: laugh it up, you heartless bastard! J/K!!! I posted it beacuse I thought it was kind of funny too.

@ jose: awwwwwwwwwwwwww! I know you just said that so I'd take extra good notes for you. If you read today's post you'll see the crap I had to put up with to take those notes!