Monday, January 22, 2007

Freezing Weather, Cold Pizza and Real Boobies

It's really really cold.

Too cold.

I even turned on the radiator last night (first time ever!) and it's still cold as hell.

It's supposed to be 40 degrees Fahrenheit by noon today, which is not so bad. That is, quite possibly, the only thing that's got me still getting ready to go to school. Otherwise, I'd be curled up in bed underneath the covers.

To make matters worse this morning, I feel as though I was grinding my teeth all night. Ah- telltale symptom of STRESS!

Also, it could have been the crazy dream I had. Get this: The dream begins with me sitting in the waiting room of a doctor's office with a very tight sports bra on, and my boobies are sore as hell. I somehow realize that I had chosen to get a breast augmentation (something I would never do unless I were unlucky enough to get breast cancer and have my breast(s) removed). The thing is, I can't remember why I was at a plastic surgeon's office and how I arrived at the decision to do something so unnatural and unnecessary. So, I'm sitting there in the waiting room with a friend, I can't remember who, and I just keep asking her, "what happened?" and she has no clue. So I go to the front desk and I ask the lady what the hell I did to myself and she tells me that I got breast augmentation and I "had my lips done." I run to the mirror and my lips look just a little puffy with some horrendously tacky pink lipstick all over. I decide to go to the bathroom to check out my new rack- I mean hey, it's been done- and much to my dismay they are uneven and there's some kind of crazy going on with the areolas. So alls I'm thinkin is OH MY GOD I'M LIKE TARA REID BUT NOT RICH! Then I start thinking that maybe the doctors did something crazy like steal my kidney or something (Nip/Tuck influence, for sure). I also worried about the content of the fake boobies, since the total cost, according to the lady at the front desk, was only $299. I thought, are these saline or silicone (which was recently made legal again)? Will I be able to breast feed my child?
The dream lasted a little while longer... Somehow the dream jumps to me asking my mother (best mom ever!) if she breastfed all of us and then I lost track from there.

I had a bunch of other weird dreams but I didn't stay in bed long enough to remember them (thankfully). I am glad I woke up with my own boobies, and my own lips, which are puffy enough if you ask me.

I usually have vivid dreams with a lot of detail, but this one was just crazy! It's nuts that I even remember so much of it.

So now that I got that off my chest (ha-ha... oh Jesus I crack myself up) I should go enjoy my cold pizza breakfast. Blogging sort of warmed me up a bit. I will probably have flashbacks of the rest of my subconcious' eventful night, because that always happens. Something will just trigger a thought and then you realize, "hey, I dreamt about this..."

PS- recollecting a dream can be a grammar nightmare because, as we learned in middle school English, you should stay consistent with your tense. I went back to my dream story and found, much to my horror, that I had begun in past tense and somehow swithced to present tense. It's actually present progressive I believe, because it's a moment-by-moment recollection, but I might be wrong! Either way, you don't need to know what the name of the tense is to know that you're using it. So, I had to go back and change all my verbs. I'm slightly disappointed in my writing. But hey, at least my areolas are still intact!

2 comments:

Andre said...

OK. Now that we've got the dim-witted, sophomoric comments from some cats (who use anonymity as a refuge) out of the way...

Yeah, Mari. That dream was weird.

Marianita said...

I know the dream was weird! I'm used to that, though. What freaked me out is how real it was and how much detail I remembered from it!

Anomymous: Your comment was stupid.