Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Ok...

So Relay for Life was a lot of fun! Very tiring, and there were some chunks of time where I felt as though I wanted nothing more than a soft warm bed. The highlights:

-Hypnotist! I believe in hypnosis, and this is the first time I got to see it performed on people. I was originally in front of the audience, but when the hypnotist said "you cannot open your eyes" I did. She made me go sit in the audience. It was still cool!

-Luminaria ceremony. This included turning on some lights all around the track for anyone we knew who suffered from cancer, followed by walking in silence for all of the victims of cancer. It was very moving. Some sad music was playing the whole time, but the last song was "Unwritten" by Natasha Bedingfield. That song is amazingly good! One of my favorites. I'll post the lyrics when I get the chance.

I'd say those were the two main highlights for me. Our tent was the only one containing sober people (that's kinda sad!) We played lots of silly camp games and took some naps. We also ate a lot. I didn't take any pictures (I'm a bum!)

The next day we had a softball game, in which we OBLITERATED the competition. Last game of the season (there were only 4!).

That's the really really abridged version of my weekend. Now I have to run to school!

No comments: