Friday, April 13, 2007

It's 5:45 am..... do you know where my sleepiness is???

CAUSE I SURE DON'T!!!

Yeah, I'm just going to whine about my insomnia. I have nothing better to talk about and I'm hoping this will maybe bore me to death and cause me to doze off... Not likely. I'm easily amused.

Anyway...

Wednesday night,I successfully fell asleep at around 11:30 pm, with only about 3-4 incidences of waking up. I owe this to the copious amounts of alcohol ingested earlier in the evening; we all went to a wine tasting (3 whole sips!), and then to a bar (a lot more sips!). I made it to class on Thursday (all FIVE of them) and only fell asleep in one of them (it was horrifically boring).

So Thursday evening, after tutoring the rambunctious Howard, I headed over to a bar to meet with my future kickball team. There's a huge kickball organization here in DC where you make a team/league, play once a week at a specified location, then go to a bar in the area and play flip cup. Such fun! I missed the game because of tutoring, but I suck at sports anyway, so it's all gravy. I thought I'd suck at flip cup but I was pretty decent.

I'm excited about the kickball thing. A chance to meet new people, and not think about school or exams or any of that bologna. Yes, bologna. I can't bring myself to write "baloney" for some odd reason.

So after playing about 100,000 games of flip cup, I'd say I was pretty buzzed. Hopped on a bus and got home. Talked on the phone for a while, then hit the sack with great ease and grace. THEN, 2 hours later (approximately 3 am) BOOM I'm wide awake. I got some sporadic light sleep between then and now.

WTF, yo?

I guess I'm just gonna study Endocrinology until it's time for class. This is low-yield, ineffective study time. But hey, at least I'll be studying...

I just know that I will have to avoid human contact of any sort on this fine Friday, for anyone who crosses my sleepless path will suffer my wrath and anger.

Speaking of wrath and anger, someone, who we'll call John Doe, thinks I'm a hypocrite. Wait, let's call him Joe Dohn. Or how about Joe Dill. Yeah.

Anyway, Joe Dill claims I am a hypocrite because today I made a mean comment about someone's face.

AHEM. I do not claim to not make fun of people. All I was trying to say in the last post is that I loved my childhood, despite being made fun of and all that. I never said "OH MY GOD THE INHUMANITY. NO ONE SHOULD EVER MAKE FUN OF ANYONE, EVER!!!"

In an ideal world, fine, you shouldn't make fun of people. But this world is far from ideal, dear.

Buuuuut, I'm all about self-improvement through learning and adaptation, and so, I will agree that I shouldn't make fun of people in a mean way. But when it's in a joking way, it's all gravy. I will make a conscious effort to stop. Allrighty then.

Thank you, Mr. Dill, for helping me be a better person.... : )

Moving right along, and back to my insomnia, the pressure to perform is ON!

I was waitlisted at the lovely and wonderful University of Florida, my top choice, my dream school, the place to be.

Know what that means? That means I'll be more of a nutcase, trying to prove to them that I am worthy and that I want it so badly it hurts. How? Getting STRAIGHT A's.

And so maybe that's why I couldn't sleep tonight. Or maybe my body hates me. Whatever it may be, I need it to stop.

How am I supposed to be clear minded and ready to tackle the day? A good night's sleep is essential! Besides foggy-mindedness, lack of sleep has been linked to weight gain (really, I'm not making excuses), crabbiness, and an increased likelihood to injure oneself.

So all in all, if this lack of sleep becomes a regular thing, I'll be an oversized angry spaz.

Oh wait...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe Dill?!?! hahahahaha