Saturday, April 14, 2007

Dinner, Breakfast, and Lunch.

I'm taking a small study break to eat dinner and write about food (one of my favorite subjects!)

I want to know who decided what people should eat at different times of day.

Like, for example, why do people always recoil in terror when I have chicken for breakfast?

Why do parents get mad when their children want to eat cereal for dinner? Or a bagel?

I've always enjoyed having breakfast food for lunch or dinner. As I grew older and began placing more importance on breakfast, I started doing the pizza for breakfast thing.

I mean, I loooooove cereal, bagels, pancakes, French toast (mmm), and other breakfast foods, but, realistically, these are probably the worst breakfast foods ever. Where's the protein? You eat that stuff at 8 am, and at 11 the hypoglycemia has you seeing double!

My breakfasts are usually something protein packed, a fruit and some coffee. Besides fried eggs and the occasional bagel/English muffin, nothing I eat is really normal breakfast food. Boca burgers, roast beef sandwiches, turkey and ham sandwiches with hot sauce (Siracha, it's amazingly good), peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pizza, and the occasional leftover chicken breast.

As much as I'd love to keep talking about food... I just got a call from Jackie, my old highschool pal who also lives here in DC. We're gonna go grab a drink. Yes, that's irresponsible of me. No, I don't care.

I was totally gonna stay home and only pseudo study anyway.

And tomorrow, for breakfast, I'm having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Deal with it.

5 comments:

David said...

LOL, that reminded me of this clip of Jim Gaffigan, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1AxHLZSvwk at 2 minutes in he addresses cake for breakfast. I think you'll enjoy it. At least it will give you a break from all those hours of studying *wink, wink*

Marianita said...

hahaha!

Pretty darn funny! The whole skit!

Too bad I'm not much of a cake eater :P

David said...

Glade you enjoyed it. :)

I've heard 'cake eater' used as slang a couple of times so I looked it up to be sure. You may want to take a look at some of the different meanings. I'm pretty sure you are, in fact, no cake eater. LOL

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cake+eater

you have to read them all to see why it's so funny (some are sexual in nature so beware)

DobyD said...

Hey! thats my hot sauce woman!

DobyD said...

Good luck on your test marce