Monday, November 20, 2006


Sigh...

SO...

When my parents came to visit back in October my dad was sitting there in my living room when he decided to purchase my ticket for Thanksgiving. He asked me when I could leave by, when I wanted to return, and, after about an hour of discussion, he purchased a ticket for me to leave Monday, November 20 @ 9:00 pm.

When I woke up today I felt it. I felt that something was going to go wrong. I ignored the feeling and went about my day as usual. Come 7:30 I was arriving at the airport. I walked into the American Airlines section, to find it disturbingly empty and quiet.

To make a long story short, my father bought a ticket FROM MIAMI TO DC by mistake. YEAH. Not so cool.

Luckily the woman at the counter was nice enough to not charge me the usual extra 100 bucks to re-route a flight, and she let me know that I could come in early Tuesday morning, do "standby," and hop on a flight.

Had I committed this error, my dad would never have let me hear the end of it. He still somehow partially blamed me for this one. The conversation was something like:

Dad: I thought I told you to check the online information for your ticket!

Me: I did check it. Several times.

Dad: *exasperated* How did you not notice????

Me: Well, DAD, when I checked it, I was looking at flight time, flight number, and airport. You know, the stuff that people mess up on most often. It did not occur to me that it would be possible that my father, in all his wisdom, would commit such an error.

Dad: >something fatherly to keep on blaming me somehow<

Me: Fine, it's all my fault. I'm sorry. I REALLLLLY messed up this time.

I know he's just frustrated on my behalf. In this situation he'd be a huge sour puss. Well, I say, all's well that ends well. Hopefully it'll end well, though!

Time to hit the sack and stop talking smack.

quick sidenote: the pic bears no relevance to the topic of this post. I just think it's pretty : )

1 comment:

Andre said...

Hey u,

Minus the crazy traveling mishaps and wacky adventures, I hope you have a great time back home.

It's funny that our paths are taking us in opposite directions. I'm going to DC for Thanksgiving and Miami for Christmas (or some time around then). How funny is that?

Anyway, behave yourself young lady >:)

Later, dude...