Sunday, November 05, 2006


Borat: Ignorant Garbage or Brilliant Social Commentary?

So YEAH. We got Friday off for a nice 3 day weekend. I was supposed to take advantage of this and study for the biochemistry exam I have on Friday. What did I do instead? Did laundry and went to the movies on Friday (watched Borat and Saw III). Saturday I read ONE LECTURE. ONE friggin lecture. Out of 19. That's about 5.3% of what I need to study. I went to the gym for a while, too. I should've stayed home last night, but I've been so effing bored and I got invited to go out so I did. Nice bar called Fab Lounge. Not exactly my favorite music in the world, but I had a lot of fun nonetheless. I believe the music is trance or maybe it's called house music. I'm so bad with those genres. I like the bars here more than those in Miami. Much more laid back, much cheaper drinks too, although this one had a 10 dollar cover. I didn't mind the cover charge cause the money goes to kids who are suffering in Thailand or something like that. Hooray for good causes!


I've been a little miss poopie pants lately. The novelty of this new life has worn off a bit, and waiting for medical schools to invite me for an interview is promoting the sproutage of white hair on my noggin. Is sproutage a word? Who cares. It's a word now.


Right now, this post, in all its pointlessness, is just another way in which I am putting off the studying. BAD MARIANA!
OK, let me give this post a "point." How 'bout a movie review of Borat?

"FUCKIN' HILARIOUS!" -The Mariana Post
"Sasha Baron Cohen is a genius." -Mariana & Ebert

"Delightfully naughty!" -MK

"This movie is tight like anus of 7 year old boy." -The DC loserface times


Although I kinda feel bad for the people of Kazakhstan, I think this movie was great. That about wraps up the movie review. Now I'm gonna study for real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother Bilo, hes eh retard.
My sister always comes and shows her vegin and say "you will never get this. But one day Bilo break through his cage and he get this.

Andre said...

I've never actually seen Borat or his alter ego (?) Ali G. But, I've heard lots of stuff about it; mostly controversial. Since I'm like a moth to a flame when it comes to controversial stuff, I'll have to take a peeksy at it to see what all the hubbub's about.