Monday, March 05, 2007

*singing* It's the end of the world, as I know it.... and I feel fine...

Yep, that's right. I've lost my marbles. Insomnia the night before a test. The hardest test I'll ever take, and it's the least prepared I've been for any exam since I started this program. Correction, it's the least prepared I've been for such an IMPORTANT exam.

I can't wait till it's over.

Physiology is damn amazing though. The lengths your body goes to just to stay normal. It's all about my homie, homeostasis. I love this subject, and I'm hoping that in medical school I will be able to enjoy it more. Right now, however, it is the bane of my existence.

I'm losing my mind... really, I am.

Sipping on some sleepy time
So much crap jumbled in my mind
The partial pressure of O2
Dead space, shunts, and VQ
Ventilation and stuff like that
Arteries that are clogged with fat
Heart disease, veins that squeeze,
PFT's, and COPDS
A patient's wheeze
Kill me PLEASE.

Can you say "too much red bull"?

Yeah.

I shouldn't/wouldn't be blogging but studying is just not happening. I tried that pre-sleepytime tea. My mind is overloaded with information.

Less than 6 hours till the exam. SIX HOURS. That's how much sleep I should get tonight. Instead, I might squeeze 2-3 hours out and then fail even more misreably than initially expected due to BOTH insufficient preparation AND insufficient sleep.

And by fail I mean not get an A.

Maybe Frank Starling will save me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome little poem!

David said...

So how did the test go? I get nervous for you just reading the post the night before :o

Marianita said...

Anonymous: thanks!

Raw Thoughts: The test went.... ok? I could've done better but I did well enough such that I can still get an A in the class (if I sutdy non stop every day until then). Yikes!