Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I should be resting for my long day of studying tomorrow (and the day after that, and the day after that... until Monday)

BUT... I hit up Stumble-Upon, my one-stop site for unlimited distractions.

I found a site that has all of Aesops fables. Yes there is an apostrophe missing in that last sentence, but for some odd reason, every once in a while the apostrophe key triggers the "Find" dialogue box on the bottom of the screen (you know, the one that pops up when you hit ctrl-F). If you do not know what I am talking about, you need to seriously get with the program. Ctrl-F allows for easy browsing and saves so much time!!!

What the hell was I saying?

Oh. So I found a site with a bunch of the fables of Aesop. Here it is. These are short stories. They're not particularly amazing, but they are special to me because they remind me of childhood. My dad knew a lot of these stories (or some weird Lebanese version of them) so he used to tell us one every night.

Caveat Emptor: The fables aren't particularly well written or deep... and it's weird how every story's title is something like "The Mosquito and the Lion" or "The Ass, the Wolf, and the Anteater."

But hey, apparently they're good for something, if they're sooooo famous and stuff. Know what I mean, Jelly Bean? For example, one of the titles is "A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing." We've all heard this saying at one point or another. Yes? No? Maybe so??? If you want to find it on the page, hit CTRL-F and a text box will pop up (usually in the lower left hand corner of the screen). Type in "Sheep" and you will see what I mean.

Good work!

OMG. I just noticed that the apostrophe is back. It's back. I can't believe it. I'm using it in every sentence from now on! I don't want to go back and correct the initial mistake because I already spent so much time writing about it.

Does anyone know why this apostrophe phenomenon occurs???

Anyway, read some of the fables. The site tells you "the moral of the story" next to each title, so if you want to read a short story about some animals who talk to each other and end up teaching you a valuable lesson, this is the site for you.

It is 12:24 AM, way past my bedtime.

1 comment:

David said...

LOL, you're funny.

I remember a few of these. 'The Fox and the Grapes' particularly. I say "Sour grapes" to people all the time. Most people don't even get it but they never say anything because they probably weren't listening to me in the first place.

Now that I see this it does seem odd for someone to just say "sour grapes" after you tell them you don't like something. I might have to stop doing that. :)