Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Random thoughts for today:

-Random thought numero uno: Lunges are EVIL. As part of my new workout regime, I do upper body 2-3 times a week, lower body 2-3 times per week, and cardio 2-3 times per week. It's really supposed to be like: Monday, upper body; Tuesday, lower body; Wed, cardio; Thurs, upper body; Fri, lower body; Sat, cardio; and on the Lord's day, rest. I'm not exactly following this, and so I decided to do lower body today. Lower body has proven to be the toughest.


I digress...


Part of the lower body workout is the terrible, disgusting, evil exercise: Lunges. I can't do many leg things at the lovely gym at my apartment complex, because there aren't that many machines. Lunges are, therefore, a crucial exercise, with no possible replacement (you see how sneaky they are??!?!). They are hard. Like, painfully hard. I HATE the fact that I can't do the amount of reps I'm supposed to do. It sucks ass, and it insults my manly pride (yes, I have manly pride). This manly pride also surfaces when I lose at scrabble and Halo.


-random thought #2: I talk so much! This was supposed to be like, a list of short, random thoughts, and the whole lunges thing spun out of control. And that's what I left in there- there was a good paragraph or two that I deleted. Sheesh! I'll try for the next one.


-random thought #3: The leaves are turning red. This is the first time I witness this marvelous event. It's so damn nice. I should take some pictures.


-random thought #4: Lately, the horoscope has been right on the money. I got an online one that includes sun sign (the sign most people know), moon sign, and rising sign. I love astrology. Is that weird? I don't care. Maybe my Leo sun, Libra rising, and Scorpio moon somehow make me not care. Maybe not.


-random thought #5: I'm so happy being happy.


-random thought #6: By far, the one thing I would miss the most if I were vegan: eggs. My goodness. Mercy me. Fried eggs in the morning, sunny side up, the yellow still liquid and runny, sprinkled with all-spice and salt, scooped up with pita bread, with a sexy mug of coffee = perfection.


-random thought #6b: On several occasions, it has been pointed out that I talk about food passionately. After re-reading random thought 6a, I understand.


random thought #6c: speaking of eggs, I just remembered something I read in an email. It said that when a guy gives you the pickup line "So, how do you like your eggs in the morning," a good reply is "Unfertilized." (tee-hee!)


Speaking of morning, it's 12 am and I should be dreaming already!


one more random thought:


-random thought #7: Lunges are the enemy. I thought I was tough, but I see that I am putty, at the mercy of this silly genuflecting exercise. DAMN YOU LUNGES! DAMN YOU! The lunges must be defeated!


Ok, that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lung on my brotha's sisters, cousins, dads, niece's, friends, uncle who eats clay...

Ho said...

that's why you should SQUAT