Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Chronicles of the Spazziest (sp?) Med Student of Them All

Two things:

1: Yesterday in class, I opened up my laptop so I could take notes on the wonderful world of diagnostic imaging. I generally hit "Hibernate" instead of "Shut Down" so that I can open up the computer and have everything I was doing before still there. Little did I know, Firefox was open with Pandora radio up and running. It takes a while for the laptop to show me Windows and let me move around and do stuff. It does not, however, take more than one second for the music to come on FULL BLAST in the middle of the lecture. The song that was playing? Christina Aguilera, Dirty. She's just YELLING in the song. It is definitely on the list of the top ten songs you wouldn't want to be playing full blast in the middle of lecture. I scrambled to shut the sound off, but the volume controls were completely unresponsive. I held down the off button for a very long time before it shut down. Everyone had a grand old time laughing it up. Luckily the professor thought everyone was laughing at some joke he had put up on the powerpoint presentation.

2: Yesterday in lab, while returning from the tissue disposal bin, where I was dumping out the 6th container-full of thigh fat, I noticed a breeze. My pants fell down.

Yeah, no lie. At my ankles.

Luckily, my lab coat is really long, and I was covered down to my knee.

Still hilarious, tho. Again, laughter ensued and everyone else in the room was wondering what could possibly be so damn funny about shoveling fat out of a cadaver's thigh in a desperate attempt to clean out the femoral nerve. (Worst lab EVER, by the way).

Neither of these can top the time I yelled "I HATE YOU" while walking into a lecture hall last year. That was a classic.

The morals of the stories:
1: Pandora radio is not all it's chopped up to be if it actually thinks I'd like that awful song.
2: They need to make better fitting scrubs. How 'bout an elastic band? Would that kill them?

3 comments:

David said...

ROTFLMAO!!!

You really think the moral of this story has anything to do with Pandora Radio and elastic?

In that case, I look forward to a few more chuckles in the future :D

Andre said...

Good point Raw. Me thinks that these lessons run a little deeper.

*Shakes my head at Mari*

Marianita said...

umm... OBVIOUSLY I was being facetious.

Sheesh. The real moral of the story is that I am still awesome even though I'm a spaz... duh.