Sunday, August 12, 2007

Oh Em Gee

(Spelling letters of the alphabet has become second nature to me thanks to Scrabble...)

ANYWAY...

OH EM GEE, I'm leaving to Gainesville today. Gator country. The Swamp. Ironically, I actually live pretty close to the Everglades here in Miami. Now THAT'S a swamp.

Tuesday marks the beginning of orientation, a week-long, 8-5 ordeal that will undoubtedly be exciting and tiring. I can't friggin' believe I'm going to medical school. I'd be lying if I said I'm not worried.

Worried about meeting new people? No. Worried about the workload? A bit. Worried that I will be miserable, never get married, and hate my career? You bet your sweet ass I am!

Ok, I'm exaggerating. I'm sure I'll trick someone into marrying me. I'm sure I won't be miserable, or at least I won't know I'm miserable until it's too late. But the career thing. Holy guacamole, this is a huge investment. Four years of school, several more years doing a residency, 200K in debt, studying my arse off, etc. Imagine doing all that then realizing... "I shoulda gone to law school."

Maybe I'll do it all then be a housewife. That would be cool.

For now, I need to get through orientation and force myself to pay attention. I always miss something, like a deadline or details about a requirement. It's because I have ADD. No not really. I hate when people say that. EVERYONE has ADD, apparently. I think it's just a case of "when something is boring, I don't want to pay attention to it." Freaking people just want to make excuses. "I have a disorder."

Damn it all.

Speaking of ADD, what the hell was I saying?! Ah well, I should go finish up for the big move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my ass is schweet.
-ahchu

Andre said...

Damn, girl. You're really doin' your thing. Congratulations!