Saturday, August 18, 2007

My MSN tarot reading: (yes, I realize it seems like BS but I do it for fun)


Today is a day where you want company, new acquaintances, friends, a new love, Mariana. The World puts you in a frame of mind that’s open to the world. You are likely to get plenty of invitations – and will certainly accept them, as you are keen to establish new friendships. Strength, on the other hand, makes sure that you use discrimination and do not waste your time with people who are not worth it. So make the best of this day and enjoy! You are going to have a very pleasant working day today. Your projects are coming along, your efforts are being recognized, your social skills help you be friendly with the people you are dealing with. Jointly, the Star and the World are opening up your horizons and are increasing your chances of success in every sphere. If you are working on a project involving a foreign country, you will get all the support you need. Look at the bigger picture!

Yuh. Making new friends is fun. It's been happening all week. I've gotten to know a good bunch of my classmates. It's still orientation, so for the most part, everyone seems real nice and cool. But who know what lurks beneath their first-impression cloaks. We'll find out come anatomy lab, exam time, and of course, when we're outside of school as more and more opportunities to get inebriated present themselves.

But I've gotta say, I'm so *STOKED* to be here. I pinch myself every once in a while to make sure this isn't an elaborate dream.

Today I dismembered a 2005 Salvador Dali calendar so that I could use the pictures to un-boringify the walls of my room. I saw all the stuff I had written on there, like "MCAT scores come out" and "recommendation letter deadline" from when I was applying to med school the first time. I got this little tingly "holy crap I did it" feeling as I flipped through the calendar. 2005, what a year. It was the year I graduated from college. It was also the year ridden with the most self-doubt. "What am I doing with my life?" nagged me frequently, along with "what do I want?" and "why the hell do I have so much trouble making up my mind?!"

I'm glad those days are over and that I know where I'll be for the next 4 years. Choosing a residency, however, may present a similar situation. But I'll cross that bridge when I get to it....

Ok, it's party time!

No comments: