Monday, August 20, 2007

First day of Class....

Was great. Despite being called out by the teacher for walking in late with two other people (and later being the only one that people made fun of for it), it was a great day.

We got stethoscopes which were donated by the Alumni Association. That was kind of emotional and it felt like a rite of passage. I'm still having lapses of "holy crap I'm here."

Then we got our first lecture in Histology. Boringest subject EVER.

Later in the day, we went into the anatomy lab and met our cadavers. It was intense, and a bit eerie. Their faces were covered up, which made it a bit easier to deal with.

The day ended with 2 hours of boredom in Histology lab. *yawn*

And now, it's almost 11 pm, my new bed time. At least that's what I'm shooting for.

Tomorrow we have our first dissection. I'm a bit nervous but mega-excited. Hopefully I won't botch anything up!

3 comments:

David said...

You see dead people? lol

You really are knee deep in it aren't you? The whole cadaver thing would freak me out. Eventually I would have to peek at the face. :|

Good luck with it all... you're on your way! :D

Anonymous said...

Your accounts of your day are just as curious and fascinating as if you were talking about your first day at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry:

First day of Class....

Was great. Despite already receiving detention from Prof. Snape for walking in late with two other people (and later being the only one that people made fun of for it), it was a great day.
...
We each got cauldrons which were donated by the Alumni Association. That was kind of emotional and it felt like a rite of passage, almost like the time I put on the Sorting Hat. I'm still having lapses of "holy crap I'm here and not still stuck with those horrible Dursleys on Privet Drive."
...
Then we got our first lecture in Potions. Boringest subject EVER.
...
The day ended with 2 hours of boredom in Potions lab. *yawn*
...
Tomorrow we have our first transfiguration. I'm a bit nervous but mega-excited. Hopefully I won't botch anything up!

Marianita said...

Raw thoughts: thanks!

Rubio: you are a riot, as well as a true Harry Potter fan! Lol!