Sunday, July 08, 2007

I'm home!
It's been almost a year since I moved out of my house for the first time. I'll be here for a month then it's off to sunny Gainesville, where the gators roam and bars close at 2 am.... sigh.
My last night in DC was fun, spent in great company, dancing and enjoying life.
What a year it's been. I go back and read the posts from a year ago, whIen I was nervous about moving away, nervous about this crazy program, etc. I've grown a lot since then, both spiritually and horizontally (damn good food in DC, what can I say?)
As anticipated, the year was stressful and fun, and I met so many awesome people. It was sad to say goodbye to most of them, but I know we will meet again someday. If not, there's always facebook, which keeps you informed on everyone's biznass.
I'm exhausted. I should rest up for my long, busy day. You know, all that lying down in the sand gets tiring after a while...

2 comments:

Jose said...

Enjoy your summer! Go and have a mojito for me (there's only kick ass beer here in germany :-P)

Andre said...

Congrats on your accomplishments Mari. You rock for this!

Job well done. Whatever R & R you allow yourself will be well worth it.