Monday, January 14, 2008

This one's for rob on sprint.

My buddy bob from highschool asked for a blog update.

Happy New Year, everyone.

I've been busy and uninspired. No, that's a lie and a half. I haven't been busy this whole time (but I'm busy now). Also, I've actually been very inspired. Just unmotivated to write.

So Bob's suggestion was to write like Rosie O'Donnell does. At first I thought he wanted me to talk about food or something, which works for me. Then he sent me this:

http://onceadored.blogspot.com/

I don't care to dig deeper and try to figure out if this is for real or not. I got dumber in the 2 minutes I spent looking through the blog.

But I guess I can blog like her for a bit. Maybe it'll be good for me. I feel frustrated with school. Let's see:

taking neuro
theres an exam on thursday
ive been slacking off a lot
my winter break was fun but not long enough
i got to do some real doctor stuff at the end of the semester
working with a doc up in jacksonville

jacksonville is a big ass city
but now im back in gainesville
home of the florida gator
the swamp

back to school and stress and classmates
who are always unhappy
back to facebook as a means of avoiding
the misery that is studying

Okay that's about all I can do. She uses no punctuation, and has no regard for grammar, syntax, etc. It's nauseating. It looks like a long IM window with no one responding on the other end.

That's what always scares me about the internet and/or text messaging. When you're chatting away on Instant Messenger or G-Talk or MSN or whatever, you never take the time to use full sentences, with capitalization and punctuation. The kids who are growing up using the internet... what's going to happen to them?

I wonder how teachers will deal with it all, or if they will even deal with it.

That's about it for me, Bob. Medical school has stolen my soul once again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

satisfied