Thursday, June 14, 2007

Helloooo world.

I'm back, beetches.

I caved in and bought a laptop yesterday. It cost $399 brand new at Best Buy.

Now, I know what you're thinking... What kind of POS laptop did this poor silly girl buy?

A very, very shitty one.

It's got 512 MB of RAM, which is fine and dandy normally, but apparently Windows Vista should be run with at least 1 GB.

Needless to say, the computer was going pretty slowly yesterday when I was having the usual 6 simultaneous conversations on AIM while also browsing Facebook.

Today it hasn't acted up really. I think it sensed my anger.

Anyway, enough about that... I would like to take this opportunity to admit that I have a problem. I am addicted to the internet. I have been so lost without it. I'm not the same person. But that's not why I got the laptop. I got it because we have a paper to write and I'll be DAMNED if you think I'm making the trek to school in 95 degree weather. Uphill. Both ways.

I have a lot to blog about. Nothing necessarily interesting, relevant, or important... but just stuff. The end of this program was intensely intense. I officially passed Neuroscience (miracle).

For now, I must feed my face. I'll be back sooner than you can say "Glossopharyngeal Nerve."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mariana, your blog is f-.-n hilarious!

You have convinced me twice over that it is possible to write an interesting blog about absolutely nothing. If I ever do start a blog, I will probably credit you for the jumpstart in inspiration.

By the way, I had a similar experience with an HP computer in college; my hard drive died after two months of use. But your new computer, $399? What kind of garbage-ass PC did you get?? With 512MB, i'm sure it struggles with Firefox, am i right?

Anyway, congrats on graduating your program and congrats on UF!!

Anonymous said...

Nothing new recently?

Marianita said...

Rubio!!!

I am honored that you read my blog, and even more honored that you think it's funny!

Thanks!