Saturday, June 06, 2009

When one of my classmates posted a link to his blog on facebook... it brought me back to the good old days of blogging it up. Oh the catharsis.

Perhaps I'll start up again once third year rotations begin (for those non-medically immersed, that means I'll be out of the classroom and in the CLINIC and HOSPITAL and interacting with REAL PATIENTS!)

But, since the last time I blogged until now, the only thoughts I care to write down is HOLY SHIT SECOND YEAR OF MED SCHOOL SUCKS.

And, as I prepare for the USMLE Step 1 exam, I'm realizing what I have (and have not) learned in the past two years. Preparing for this exam is a daily adventure, wherein I spend 8-12 hours a day studying, with some breaks to use the restroom, waste time on facebook, nap, and acknowledge that nagging voice asking me why the hell I came to med school when I damn well know how much I dislike the following: studying, blood & guts, annoying people, and being trapped in a bullshit system where you really have very little control over the next 7-15 years of your life. I do love people, and helping people, and science is kinda neat. And I've met some amazing people in the last 2 years.

Ok back to the grind. *Yay* med school...

*sobs*

1 comment:

Parin said...

it'll be worth it in the end.. :)