Monday, December 11, 2006

"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake
You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake
Just look at the world around you, right here on the ocean floor!
Such wonderful things around you, what more is you looking for?"

-Sebastian the Crab, Under the Sea from The Little Mermaid.

*Special thanks to Eyna for getting the song stuck in my head.*

Hi there.

Haven't been frequenting the blogging world as often as I used to, reflecting the ridiculous level of business I've been experiencing. Not business like a corporation, but the state of being busy. Busyness, if you will. I'm starting to think "business" cannot be used that way. Whateva, I do what I want!

Last week, Lourdes, my childhood best friend, left sunny Puerto Rico to come visit me. She and I became friends in sixth grade, and she moved away at the end of ninth grade. We've managed to stay close although we suck at keeping in touch. She's like family.

We had lots of fun! I somehow managed to take her out every night despite it being the coldest weather I've ever lived through and having a massive cold. That's noble, if I must say so myself.


The first night she got here we went to a massively overcrowded club in a not so great neighborhood to see DJ Tiesto. It was a night of crowdedness, waiting in long lines for coat check, and crazy people, but it was definitely fun. The rest of her stay was all bar hopping and pistol popping.

Just kiddin' about the pistol popping, I just get a little tingle when stuff rhymes.

Moving right along, it was a much needed trip for her, to escape her routine and the stress surrounding her. It was also theraputic for me to have a good pal around (she washed the dishes too!)

We visited some monuments, as well as the National Gallery of Art (nice!) and the Holocaust Musuem (sad).

This is the last week of the semester. There is an exam on Thursday. After that, it's off to Miami for two weeks of sloth and gluttony, warm weather and having a car, friends and family. I intend to be slightly productive and complete my application to Georgetown medical school, do some tutoring, and maybe even look over some of the material I'll be learning in the spring.... big maybe there.

My mind is exhausted from last week's exam and my body is exhausted from the virus and nonstop partying. I'm trying to muster up the energy to study for this exam. Instead I'm blogging. It's okay. This exam should be ridiculously easy.

Besides studying, this week's activities include: Tutoring and girl's night (tomorrow), making food and care packages for the homeless and distributing them (Wednesday), taking the exam then working hard to forget everything I learned (Thursday), packing my bags and partying a little more (Friday) and finally, flying to Miami and getting pampered by mommy (Saturday).

I am excited about doing the homeless thing on Wednesday because I think it will be a great learning experience.

I am pretty much excited about everything on the list minus studying. The test will be exciting because it will signal the end. Speaking of signals, there are signal transduction pathways waiting for me to learn about them.

Love, peace, and little geece.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is your current best friend phonecian

Ho said...

I get a tingle in my pingle too when stuff rhymes....my pineal gland is not functioning properly either....hope you're good khawand