Tuesday, June 17, 2008

You know you're really busy when...

There are things on your to do list that you don't even understand anymore.

My to-do list says "email Mike"

Who is Mike, and why should I email him? I know about 2084 guys named Mike.

In other news, and probably the reason my to-do list has been ridiculous lately:

I'm going to Gambia tomorrow!

The Gambia, actually. We will be spending one month there, providing medical services and supplies, and just hanging out with sick, poor people. It's not quite backpacking in Europe, but when else would I get the chance to go to Africa?!

I'm in a state of excitement/fear/nausea. It's great. I would love to say "I'll post pictures while I'm there" or "I'll blog while I'm there" but chances are their local Starbucks doesn't have wireless.

Ok, time to go run around doing last minute things at the last minute.


Smallest country in Africa, here I come.

1 comment:

David said...

How awesome are you? VERY!!!

A trip to Africa to help the poor. Why am I not surprised. It sounds just like something I would think you would do. :)

Have fun but most of all be careful. If you can't post pics while you're there maybe we could see a few when you get back? I'm so excited for you. Really!

Did I say be careful? :D

And don't forget to email Mike, he's still waiting. :p